Childhood Wishes

I was surprised to come across this peace of my writing the other day. And hence am starting my new journal with it. Maybe, with time, I will be able to write about my life post-1997, but till then this is the base on which I maintain my journal.

Date: Sometime in June, 1997.
Life-What a gift!! It should be treasured and lived to the fullest.
Life in Mumbai-A greater gift .The city where dreams come true.
Life is beautiful… in Mumbai , we hardly have the time to notice this! But Mumbai is full of life and that’s why I love it . Being a student in Mumbai has taught me a great deal….traveling long distances on my own, to be patient, that everyone deserves as much respect as I do, as much space on and in this city as I do…coz everyone’s here to fulfill their dreams, just like me.


My dream is to make it big as a journalist .I wanna be a journalist for just one reason-I want equality to prevail in India, be it of sexes or of religion. God made humans not to fight. I believe that each one of us Is here for a reason, each of us has a task that we’re supposed to complete in our lifetime, something that’s going to be a milestone…one of us is here to serve, one to spread love, one to earn, one to teach others, one to invent, one to fight for justice, one to govern, one to help, one to heal, one to speak the truth, one to cook, one to clean, one to procreate, one to support!! everyone of us plays an important part in the running of this world. We may not be Gods but we are important. God has made us more intelligent then animals….He’s made us higher animals with brains and an opposable thumb! No one can beat that except Him.
What is my reason to live? What is my agenda? I would like my claim to fame be for spreading parity. Love, equality, happiness, peace. How do I plan to do that? Frankly, I have no clue!! My mom says that I’m too sentimental and am not capable of doing and thinking practically. So I guess my dream may sound half-baked to all. But it’s my DREAM!
Everyone has a right to dream, right?! My dream is to love and to be loved by everyone-I don’t want to not love a person because he/she is a Muslim or a Christian and I’m a Hindu! What’s the difference between? Why all these fight? I really can’t understand.
But I guess that’s what life is like for us. All each of us can do is understand, believe and feel the pain of our fellow beings and be there for each other as friends.
I love all. I wish all of us could.
Hoping, Me.

No comments: